Time & Location
About the Event
Bring your work clothes and questions, a water bottle and a packed lunch or snacks, and an excitement to reconnect with community members in a community space! Arrive at 11AM and stay as long as you like, learning and helping open up the park for the new season! Open to participants of all ages, experience and abilities.
Activities we will learn by doing throughout the day:
- Reestablish garden beds overtaken by weeds through edging, broadforking, weeding and deep sheet mulching
- Prune trees and shrubs
- Cut back invasive or undesired wild plants
- Scythe open areas to prepare for new garden space
- Compost and biomass management (what to do with all the organic material generated by these activities)
- Measure contour (level lines) across the landscape with an A-frame for possible new path and growing space possibilities
- Observe water, soil, vegetation, sun, etc. to inform new gardening opportunities and planning
Donations of $20-40 are encouraged to support this and future CommUNITY Workshops with Triplet Park, the Ecology Learning Center and instructor, Teddy Mattson. Cash and checks are accepted. Thank you in advance and contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions / comments / ideas!